What can the money be spent on?
The grant is designed to cover core costs including:
- Facility hire (match day or training venue)
- Affiliation fees
The grant of £750 will be awarded split across two years. The grant instalment will vary depending on the status of the club.
The breakdown of funding is shown in the table below:
|Type of club
||Year 1 - 2019/20 Season
||Year 2 – 2020/21 Season
Clubs will be paid their Year 1 instalment upfront once they have met all the grant pre-conditions and accepted the grant.
To release Year 2 payment clubs must meet the following conditions:
- Clubs will be asked to provide their receipts as evidence of the eligible expenditure for the 19/20 season (Year 1).
- Payment will be based on the retention of male teams within the club, your club must retain the following:
If you are a club with 2 male teams – 100% retention
If you are a club with 3-5 male teams – 80% retention
If you are a club with 6-9 male teams – 70% retention
If you are a club with 10+ male teams - 65% retention
The Year 2 funding will not be provided if the above retention rates are not met.
- All receipts provided must be dated after the grant offer date.
- The Football Foundation will not reimburse payments made prior to the grant offer (excluded affiliation fees for the adult male teams for the 2019/20 season).