Grants of up to £25,000 available for the purchase of portable floodlights
Who can apply?
You don’t have to be a football club to apply to the Football Foundation, however grassroots football must be an integral part of your offer.
You can apply if you're:
- A not-for-profit football club or voluntary group*
- A Local Authority
- A County FA
- A Professional Club Community Organisation
- An educational establishment providing facilities for the community
- A registered charity
- A not-for-profit company
- A community interest company (CIC) or other social enterprise
- A company limited by guarantee
*Please note, if you’re a Football Club looking to apply for Football Foundation funding, only the Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary or Treasurer of that Club can submit an application form.
You can't apply if you're:
- An individual or sole trader
- A national governing body
- A commercial / for-profit entity
- A club within the Premier League, Football League, National League System (Step 1 to 6), Women’s Football Pyramid (Tier 1 – 4) or the Welsh Premier League
- Educational establishments providing facilities solely for their students
About the grant
What we'll fund
- New portable floodlights for use on artificial or natural turf training areas
- Previously owned portable floodlights for use on artificial or natural turf training areas
What we won't fund
- Portable floodlights for use on grass pitches that are used for match play, due to potential overuse during the winter months which would be detrimental to their playing quality
- Fixed floodlights on grass pitches
To apply for a grant, you’ll need to provide an explanation for why you’re proposing to purchase portable floodlights and demonstrate your training area can cope with additional use (e.g. how usage will be rotated to ensure one area isn't over-used). Funding won't be provided to purchase floodlights on grass pitches that are used for matchplay.
If your organisation is a partner on an existing or proposed Football Foundation 3G FTP, we require evidence on why these portable floodlights were required. If we’ve made a significant investment into a 3G FTP on the basis of your organisation being a key partner, we’d require written assurance that this floodlight investment would not have any negative impact on the 3G site and isn’t to the detriment to their Site Development or Business Plan.
If successful with your application, we ask that:
- Floodlights are covered by suitable insurance and securely stored when not in use
The floodlights should be stored securely at the applicant’s site as named in the grant application. Purchasing and storing equipment off site or at a personal residence is not permitted.
- Floodlights are only used by suitably trained personnel, over the age of 18, and will be operated and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations
- If they’re previously owned, the equipment should be purchased from a reputable dealer, with a minimum 12-month warranty
Are you a Football Club looking for funding?
Please note that only the Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary or Treasurer of that Club can submit an application form.
Applications submitted since 1 July 2023 by other members of the Club will be rejected. You’ll be contacted by the Football Foundation team and asked that an authorised person complete a new funding application.
When it comes to the acceptance and claiming stages of your grant, the secondary contact nominated to co-sign the required forms must also fulfil one of the roles of Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary or Treasurer of the Football Club.