3G pitches offer a high-quality, consistent surface that's perfect for enjoying sport
You don’t have to be a football club to apply to the Football Foundation, however grassroots football must be an integral part of your offer.
You can apply if you're:
- A not-for-profit football club or voluntary group
- A Local Authority
- A County FA
- A Professional Club Community Organisation
- An educational establishment providing facilities for the community
- A registered charity
- A not-for-profit company
- A community interest company (CIC) or other social enterprise
- A company limited by guarantee
You can't apply if you're:
- An individual or sole trader
- A national governing body
- A commercial/for-profit entity
- A club within the Premier League, Football League, National League System (Step 1 to 6), Women’s Football Pyramid (Tier 1 – 4) or the Welsh Premier League
- Educational establishments providing facilities solely for their students
We're working to create a network of FIFA Quality Standard 3G artificial grass pitches across England. 3G pitches are fantastic facilities for:
- Playing fixtures
- Recreational and small-sided football
- Training and coaching
Are you a Football Club looking for funding?
Please note that only the Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary or Treasurer of that Club can submit an application form.
Applications submitted since 1 July 2023 by other members of the Club will be rejected. You’ll be contacted by the Football Foundation team and asked that an authorised person complete a new funding application.
When it comes to the acceptance and claiming stages of your grant, the secondary contact nominated to co-sign the required forms must also fulfil one of the roles of Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary or Treasurer of the Football Club.
Top class 3G pitch facilities play a vital role in creating opportunities for the local community to get active and have fun. Don't just take our word for it. Check out the stories from our sites below.