Football Stadia Improvement Fund
Funded by the Premier League, the Football Stadia Improvement Fund awards capital grants to EFL, National League, Women’s FA National League and Welsh Premier League down to the lower levels of the FA National League System.
Building Stadiums, Creating Legacies
These football grants are designed to improve stadium safety and enable clubs to satisfy The FA’s ground grading requirements. The role the FSIF plays is vitally important as without funding many clubs would have been unable to achieve the necessary criteria, preventing them from achieving promotions or even facing relegation for failure to comply.
From installing new floodlights, upgrading playing surfaces and developing all-seater stands, the goal of the project is to improve the matchday experience of players, officials and spectators. Please see the eligibility guidance below to discover more about the types of funding your club can apply for.
Welsh Premier League or English National League clubs
To be eligible:
- Your club must be a member of the Welsh Premier League or English National League.
- You must either own the freehold of the site you want to develop or have a lease with at least ten years or 21 years unexpired as appropriate*
Women’s FA National League system teams
To be eligible:
- Your club must be a member of the women’s FA National League system.
- And either own the freehold of the site you want to develop or have a lease with at least 10 years left before it runs out.
About the grant
Our pitch has been pre-selected by UEFA as one of the training centres for UEFA Euro 2020, something that would be an honour for any Football League club, let alone one in Step 4 of Non-League.
How to apply
All applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- Governing documents
- Past three years accounts
- Copy of the club’s most recent bank statement
- Evidence of partnership funding
The income and expenditure forecast template can be downloaded from the 'Useful publications' section above. To find out more about associated legal fees and issues around repayment if the facility isn’t used contact us for further details.
The income and expenditure forecast template can be found on the link below. To find out more about associated legal fees and issues around repayment if the facility isn’t used contact us for further details.
A total of £200,000 of the FSIF annual budget will be ring-fenced each year to support the two clubs promoted from the National League to the Football League to cover the costs of required safety installations, such as computerised turnstiles, CCTV, stadium control rooms, etc.
If your club is being promoted from Step 1 into the Football League, you have 12 months after promotion to meet the Football League’s conditions for increased safe capacity at your ground.
* 10 years for clubs applying for up to £150,000 and 21 years for clubs applying for £150,000 and over.