To apply for goalposts through this scheme, your current goalposts will need to be in an unsafe condition. The size of the replacement goalposts does not have to be like-for-like e.g. you can replace 7v7 goals with 9v9 goals if they are unsafe, or do not comply with the relevant British Standards.
Reference should be made to the advice on Goalpost Safety contained within:
Grants are only available for the replacement of unsafe goalposts and not for the initial purchase of goalposts.
The maximum grant available is dependent on the size of goalposts applied for:
- 2.44m x 7.32m (11v11) - a maximum 50% grant up to a maximum grant value of £750 per set of goalposts
- 2.13m x 6.40m (11v11) - a maximum 50% grant up to a maximum grant value of £750 per set of goalposts
- 2.13m x 4.88m (9v9) - a maximum 50% grant up to a maximum grant value of £500 per set of goalposts
- 1.83m x 3.66m (7v7 / 5v5) - a maximum 50% grant up to a maximum grant value of £500 per set of goalposts
If you are unable to reclaim VAT, this should be included in your total project cost.
You will need to identify the goalposts you wish to purchase from the approved list of suppliers and submit the online application form detailing the chosen supplier, product name, cost (including delivery, installation and VAT if applicable) and product code.
The goalposts will need to be purchased from the approved list of suppliers below:
The approved list of suppliers is not a ‘closed’ list and you can purchase from other suppliers not on the list. If you choose a different supplier then you will need to provide a list of the goals and the independent test results and certificates as evidence of meeting British Standards (BSEN748:2004, BS8461:2005+A1:2009 and BS8462:2005+A2:2012) before the application can be made.
In order for your application to be processed, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A single quotation from a goalpost supplier
- Photos of your existing goalposts, demonstrating that they are unsafe and non-compliant with current British Standards.